CreateProcess failed with error 5: Access is denied

Eduardo Menezes (20 posts)
November 29, 2021 02:06 PM
Accepted Answer

Has anyone get the error CreateProcess failed with error 5: Access is denied while trying to execute one step command line?

it works fine but sometimes I get this error and I don't know what it could be.

Anyone, please?

2021-11-28 05:00:09,257 [25] WARN  ArcanaDevelopment.adTempus.Server.JobExecution.Tasks.ProgramExecutionTaskExecutor [JobExecutor(df053721-8551-4690-9ec8-360c0ceeaca8)] - CreateProcess failed with error 5: Access is denied

Bill Staff (603 posts)
November 29, 2021 03:32 PM
Accepted Answer

What version of adTempus are you using?

Do you get this error only with one job, or with different jobs?

There are a few possible causes for this:

1. The user account the job is running under doesn't have access to the program being run. If this were the problem it would fail every time.

2. The program is located on a network drive and something is occasionally going wrong.

3. Antivirus software is blocking access to the program. Check the logs for your antivirus software.

4. The error isn't related to access to the file but to the desktop adTempus is trying to run it on. Is the User Interaction setting for the job set to "Hidden" or to something else?

Eduardo Menezes (20 posts)
November 30, 2021 05:53 AM
Accepted Answer

Hi Bill

Thanks for your reply and efforts on trying to help with this, please find below the answers:

What version of adTempus are you using? adTempus 4.4

Do you get this error only with one job, or with different jobs? Different jobs, when I run it works.

There are a few possible causes for this:

1. The user account the job is running under doesn't have access to the program being run. If this were the problem it would fail every time.
    (It does not fail every time)

2. The program is located on a network drive and something is occasionally going wrong. (the program is located locally where the adtempus is installed)

3. Antivirus software is blocking access to the program. Check the logs for your antivirus software.

4. The error isn't related to access to the file but to the desktop adTempus is trying to run it on. Is the User Interaction setting for the job set to "Hidden" or to something else? (No)

Let me know if you need any additional information.

I have attached a few images of job error and logs

Bill Staff (603 posts)
November 30, 2021 07:12 AM
Accepted Answer

Your uploads didn't get posted, but please open a support case so we can continue looking at this.

Follow the instructions here to enable diagnostic logging for the adTempus server. Wait until there has been a successful run and a failure, then send us the logs and let us know which job(s) succeeded and failed. Also include an export of the job(s) involved.

Replies are disabled for this topic.